Colossal Crossover RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colossal Crossover RPG

Welcome to the Colossal Crossover RPG.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale

Go down 
+2
The Illusory Reaper
Numberman.Exe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Numberman.Exe
Warned Thrice (banned)
Warned Thrice (banned)
Numberman.Exe

Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Empty
PostSubject: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:18 am

Alright. Me and Karasz are having a contest in who can create the best game in 7 days.
We are both using the same tools (Multimedia fusion 2).

The rules are as follows:

Time Limit: 7 days Contest ends the 27th of April
Game theme: Anything goes as long as it's made in Multimedia Fusion 2.
Objective of game: Anything goes

We will post the games whenever done.

The games will be rated by the members of CCRPG and will be rated as following:
-Gameplay
-Graphics
-Are there any glitches?
-Overall

This is one hot battle.

Oh..And dont just vote directly for Karasz because he is nicer than me. That won't be fair.
Back to top Go down
The Illusory Reaper
Ultra Member
The Illusory Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 2:56 pm

This should be interesting. I'll judge fairly.
Back to top Go down
Sylux
Admin
Admin
Sylux

PostSubject: Re: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:05 pm

>.>

I'll probably play favorites. Just kidding. I'll be fair.
Back to top Go down
http://nintendomania.ativo-forum.com
IceBlade
Admin
Admin
IceBlade

PostSubject: Re: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:38 pm

Pawesome!
If you send the completed games to me on MSN I can put them on my server. So you won't need to use annoying services like rapidshare or megaupload. You just click the link and the download starts immediately.
Back to top Go down
Numberman.Exe
Warned Thrice (banned)
Warned Thrice (banned)
Numberman.Exe

PostSubject: Re: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:48 pm

IceBlade wrote:
Pawesome!
If you send the completed games to me on MSN I can put them on my server. So you won't need to use annoying services like rapidshare or megaupload. You just click the link and the download starts immediately.

Hey that's nice of yah!

Oh..My game is already finished..It's a demo of a game im working on.I'll send it to ya.
Back to top Go down
Numberman.Exe
Warned Thrice (banned)
Warned Thrice (banned)
Numberman.Exe

PostSubject: Re: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 8:13 am

Okay my game is finished..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3V72SYZL
Back to top Go down
Karasz
Admin
Admin
Karasz

PostSubject: Re: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 9:19 am

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6KHB48AH

The sprites that were ripped is credited to SaturnEchidna and Bidblood.

The custom Goomba was made by me.
Back to top Go down
https://colossalcrpg.forummotion.com
IceBlade
Admin
Admin
IceBlade

PostSubject: Re: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 7:42 am

Argh, my connection was down for a couple of days so I couldn't keep my promise.
Anyway.. like I said before, just click and the download will start.

Yuping: Yuping + Negai.
Karasz, if it's okay with you I can host your game too.

- My ratings -

3 negative things about Yuping's game;
  • Graphics and resolution, you could have a bit more detailed backgrounds and since you can't get transparency to work don't use sprites that have glowing items like Negai's cane. The other sprites were nice though - but you didn't make them. Also the resolution is way too big, maybe you could use half.
  • Rough animations, maybe the action point could be set at a better place sometimes. The character telling Yuping what to do is an example of this.
  • Weak story, back-story and introduction, who are these protagonists and why are you playing this game? You get some story for both Yuping's and Negai's game but I want more (even if it's a demo - remember this is a contest where the best game wins).

3 positive things about Yuping's game;
  • Interesting and fun, I like these kind of games so I think this was fun and could be interesting if you worked a more on it.
  • Music and sounds, even though you didn't make the music nor the sounds I still love them. DMC FTW ;P
  • Character movement, I know you use static (since you told me) and that works great.

Gameplay: 5/10

- - -

3 negative things about Karasz' game;
  • No music nor sounds, lack of music and sound bugs me (even in demos).
  • Character movement, rough animations (due to action points) and rough movement makes it less funny to play. You get stuck in walls and roofs. Also your HP will decrease even if you jump at a Goomba sometimes.
  • No explaining at all, first time I played I didn't know before I looked at your MMF2 project file that I needed to kill all Goombas in order for the Piranha Plant to disappear.

3 positive things about Karasz' game;
  • Platformer fun, the Super Mario series are well known and they have a good reputation so if you worked a bit more on this game it would most likely be a top notch platformer.
  • Graphics and resolution, you sprited the Goomba really well and the other sprites and backgrounds look good too. The resolution is just about perfect.
  • Level design, simplistic and beautiful is key. Well done.

Gameplay: 6/10

PS. You shouldn't care too much about this because it's only what I think, and try to see this as constructive criticism. Also remember that 10/10 in gameplay will be a perfect game with NO FLAWS, 9/10 means it's awesome (one of the very BEST games I have ever played in it's genre). I can't think of any game that I would give 10/10 to but Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Metroid, Devil May Cry 3, Metal Gear Solid, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger are some examples of games that I definitely will give 9/10 to and among them there are games that are really close to getting 10/10 (Chrono Trigger and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past).
Back to top Go down
Karasz
Admin
Admin
Karasz

PostSubject: Re: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 7:51 am

Well I'll be damned.. Looks like I have beaten Yuping by one point.

And this is why people can't use MMF2 or any of Clickteam's game programs. Everytime you make a longer level in platforming, and has alot of obstacles, objects, and other things in the way, the screen went blank. I'm using Stencyl when it is released.
Back to top Go down
https://colossalcrpg.forummotion.com
Numberman.Exe
Warned Thrice (banned)
Warned Thrice (banned)
Numberman.Exe

PostSubject: Re: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 6:13 pm

Karasz wrote:
Well I'll be damned.. Looks like I have beaten Yuping by one point.

And this is why people can't use MMF2 or any of Clickteam's game programs. Everytime you make a longer level in platforming, and has alot of obstacles, objects, and other things in the way, the screen went blank. I'm using Stencyl when it is released.

Remember.This is only one review. There are still many more to come.Ah...And one Tip Karasz. Use Static.It's way more flexible.

Ok.Date for final close is the 9th of May.
Oh.And Iceblade. The "Character that tells Yuping what to do". Are you referring to the Ninja?He's awesome...
Back to top Go down
IceBlade
Admin
Admin
IceBlade

PostSubject: Re: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 3:42 am

Numberman.Exe wrote:
Oh.And Iceblade. The "Character that tells Yuping what to do". Are you referring to the Ninja?He's awesome...
Yep, but as I said it's too little. I want more, you can't just do as they do in Awesome May Cry: Trish - "I need you to go with me to a castle filled with murderous mutated monsters that will kill you in every opportunity they get", Dante - "OK".
If you haven't seen it, this is the real intro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwNjTZ7oHiY (which he made a parody of).
Back to top Go down
Numberman.Exe
Warned Thrice (banned)
Warned Thrice (banned)
Numberman.Exe

PostSubject: Re: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 10:33 am

IceBlade wrote:
Numberman.Exe wrote:
Yep, but as I said it's too little. I want more, you can't just do as they do in Awesome May Cry: Trish - "I need you to go with me to a castle filled with murderous mutated monsters that will kill you in every opportunity they get", Dante - "OK".
If you haven't seen it, this is the real intro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwNjTZ7oHiY (which he made a parody of).

K.I'll think about that when i make the full game.
Back to top Go down
Numberman.Exe
Warned Thrice (banned)
Warned Thrice (banned)
Numberman.Exe

PostSubject: Re: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 6:50 pm

BUMP!

Come on guys!

We need some hot reviews!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 9:23 am

Hmm..This looks interesting...

Well...I must say...I cast a vote for NumberMan.Exe (Whoever that is)
Back to top Go down
Alexander von Koopa
just FALCO' PAAAUUUUUUUUNCH'd your post!
Alexander von Koopa

PostSubject: Re: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 10:12 am

Numberman (Yuping) turned emo and said he was leaving forever. I bet he comes back in a week or so, but in the meantime, I think Karasz wins by default.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 12:24 pm

Oh...Well then i guess my vote doesnt count.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale   Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Karasz vs Yuping Gaming Royale
Page 1 of 1